Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why It's Chilly in San Francisco

KQED News
Driving back from Tahoe on Sunday, I looked longingly at the cloud wall over our fair city, so happy to be heading into the cool fog. Once here though, I felt like in the Wizard of Oz, only in reverse, from color to black and white. Unloading the car in the freezing wind in my summer clothes I felt more compassion for the underdressed tourists I passed on the way off the bridge.Oh boy, time to layer up and find some socks and some hot tea.
SFGate


Though I have lived with the fog phenomenon all my life, it never fails to shock me how quickly and dramatically the temperature can change. Thank heaven I had a t-shirt with me today, when my turtleneck sweater went from cozy to suffocating in about 5 minutes. KQED recently summed up the reasons for this, rather succinctly, but no matter how much I understand it, nor how familiar it becomes, it's still pretty nuts. Still, I'll take it over the heat elsewhere. and now, for the next twenty minutes at least, it's clear. and cool. Blessed be the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area.


No comments:

Post a Comment