Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zephyr

anythingsf.com


I am excited to be joining Zephyr Real Estate. (Link to my website will be forthcoming) Zephyr is the god of the West Wind, in Greek Mythology; the "mildest and most propitious of the directional winds".

Apparently that is so in Greece, where gentle sweet spring winds come from the west. Our west and northwest winds are rather less gentle. Our east winds are warm, but not always gentle either. Though Greece and California both have Mediterranean climates, our topography and wind/fog cycle are not the same. I think we shall have to think of or discover our own local wind gods.

Still, the word Zephyr conjures an image of speedy and felicitous movement. Thus, the California Zephyr, the beautiful train ride from Chicago to San Francisco. The day I decided to make the move to Zephyr I saw multiple businesses all over town named Zephyr. Zephyr Ventilation, Zephyr Cleaners, Zephyr Cafe,  I think at this point its just a cool word. and a really cool real estate company. I can feel my skills sharpening as we speak.

zephyrkitetours.com

1 comment:

  1. Well done!! btw, you'll love Greece-
    http://www.sanchristos.com/Europe_78_Paros_Cyclades_Greece/

    ReplyDelete