Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fogbound

InOtherNews



So drippy it is near the gate these days. For the moment I am appreciating it. Nice afternoon to putter and listen to the wonderful Saturday radio line up on KALW.


resoundings


I love the music of the foghorns.  When its really thick like this you'll hear multiple different tones from the different levels where the horns are placed to protect ships from hitting obstacles made invisible.



Sometimes the fog makes me want to sit on the couch and eat and feel sorry for myself, or get in the car and go somewhere sunny. Today though, I find it a restful background to chore satisfaction.  Like a cozy blanket, soothing and comforting, knowing the rest of the northern hemisphere is sweating and sunburned. Call me crazy, but I love the fog.



helicoptertraining



No comments:

Post a Comment