Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh Fogust


I love the fog. Really I do. Except when it feels interminable and omnipotent. Swaddled in cottony cool grey it seems unbelievable there there is another green and sunny world a short drive away. From black and white world to color, and back again.  This time of year it is good to work on both sides of the bridge, if only to keep the vitamin D up. Bay Area microclimates continue to amaze me, in spite of spending most of my life here. Bill Martin, the Channel 2 Weather guy, says the marine layer is 2000 ft. thick and I believe him. Brrrr.

Bill Martin Meteorologist

I suppose it could be worse. I could just drive or bus or bike a few miles and be in the uplifting summer sunshine. Here's a photo from a friend who's been trying to get out of Antarctica for almost a week. That's some macroclimate for you.


David Rothstein


No comments:

Post a Comment